What is a US Lacrosse Chapter?
US Lacrosse (USL) is the National Governing Body for the sport of Lacrosse. A USL Chapter is an extension of USL and shares the same DNA as US Lacrosse, Inc. Chapters are typically seen as a volunteer led extension of USL and its 501c3 charitable status sharing local responsibility for serving the lacrosse community. The Chapter Network (currently 64 chapters nationwide) extends the national USL brand to the local communities it serves. USL values the dedicated army of volunteers who represent the organization in a professional, unbiased and selfless manner in the local communities.
What is the Purpose of a US Lacrosse Chapter?
USL Chapters exist to serve players, parents, coaches, officials, program administrators, leagues, members and fans in a given geographic region in the United States.
What are the Primary Responsibilities of a US Lacrosse Chapter?
A Chapter’s Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Implement USL National Standards (e.g. Youth Rules & Best Practices), and be the delivery mechanism for programs (CEP, OEP, & PCA), and services (Grants, Education & Training) to all constituents in the given geographic region;
- Deploy local and national lacrosse news and communications to all constituents;
- Attract, train and retain quality volunteers for local chapter and national service;
- Maintain comprehensive organizational capacity capable of remaining fully compliant with all USL governance;
- Being fiscally responsible to the constituents with USL funds and those funds self-generated through tournaments, events, local fundraising and sponsorships;
- Create and operate its own programs, services and events in accordance with the USL mission, vision and the Chapter Agreement; and
- Be seen as the unbiased support system for all lacrosse constituents in the geographic region.
What are the Values of a US Lacrosse Chapter?
The success of USL Chapters will be directly related to the value they provide their local lacrosse community and constituent organizations. USL Chapters will strive to reflect the following values in order to most effectively support the vision and mission of USL:
- Service – Serve all constituents and constituent organizations in the geographic region;
- Transparency – Operate with openness and integrity fostering greater constituent support;
- Collaboration and Engagement – Conduct outreach that produces positive and productive relationships that serve to advance the sport;
- Excellence – Advance Quality in all organizational processes driving success in the organization;
- Growth - Expand opportunities for all constituents in the community;
- Accountability – Provide good stewardship of resources; and
- Results Driven - Measure and Monitor results while maximizing resources.
Becoming a Member of US Lacrosse
USL offers three membership levels:
- Youth (under 15 years old) - $25
- High School (15-18 years old) - $35
- Adult (19 years old and older) - $50
Click here for Group Membership information.
Click here to Become a Member or renew your membership online.
Still prefer to use paper? That's OK too.
Download a US Lacrosse Membership Application.
Why Join US Lacrosse?
USL is dedicated to providing our members with the opportunity to discover and ultimately embrace the shared passion of the lacrosse experience. Your participation in this organization offers the opportunity for personal growth and development by teaching the values of respect, fairness, teamwork, communication, responsibility, truthfulness, non-discrimination, honesty and integrity. As a member of USL, you receive benefits that will enhance your game and directly connect you to the greater lacrosse community.
You can always call us directly at 410-235-6882 x102 (M-F, 9 am-5 pm ET), or contact our Membership Department by e-mail at email@example.com if you need further assistance.